VAREP – WHO WE ARE
Established in 2012, the USA Homeownership Foundation, Inc. DBA Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community service organization dedicated to increasing sustainable homeownership and economic development for the active military and veteran communities. VAREP and its members represent and work within all sectors of the real estate, housing and financial services industries.
Our mission to increase sustainable homeownership and economic development for the active military and veteran communities.
VAREP ACCOMPLISHES ITS MISSION THROUGH A FIVE POINT PLAN
The Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP) presents its Five-Point Plan to create awareness, find solutions, and advocate equal housing and economic development for the underserved military and veteran communities.
- Homeownership Advocacy. Advocate nationally to develop programs that reduce barriers to homeownership in the military and veteran communities;
- Community Outreach. Foster responsible homeownership in the military and veteran communities by providing housing education and counseling services, and through live and online courses on such topics as foreclosure prevention, financial literacy, and understanding credit—pre and post-purchase.
- Professional Membership. Provide a place where real estate and financial service professionals can share ideas, get educated, and be empowered to better serve the real estate needs of service members, veterans, and their families. Non-military members are welcome;
- Veteran Job Creation. Collaborate with organizations in the financial service sector to support veteran employment, and help implement legislation such as the Vow to Hire Heroes Act, the Health Information Technology Act, the Veterans Benefits Act, the Veterans Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development Act, and Executive Order 13360 (promoting federal contracting opportunities for Service Disabled Veteran Owners of Small Business);
- Affordable Housing. Provide affordable home buying opportunities for veterans and service members who have gone through VAREP’s homeownership education counseling services. Participate in first look property programs; discounted distressed property purchase programs; and distressed property donation programs to acquire, renovate, and resell homes below market value;
As America endures the long road to housing recovery, VAREP will serve the housing needs of veterans and service members, ensuring that they have the access to affordable homeownership they deserve. We will be their voice in the legislative and policy arena, encouraging financial institutions and government agencies to create programs that suit their unique needs.